Self-Archiving Your Research Publications in WinnSpace
Log into or Register at WinnSpace
Self-archiving in WinnSpace can be as easy as 1…2…3!
- Either Log into or Register at WinnSpace
- Generally, faculty can simply log in with their WebAdvisor username/password.
- Once logged in, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create a collection for your publications on WinnSpace and set permissions so you can submit to your collection.
- Check SHERPA/RoMEO
- Search SHERPA/RoMEO for the Journal Title for your article and identify the appropriate version of the article you should submit. Generally, SHERPA/RoMEO is a fairly reliable indicator regarding the version of your publication that can be archived. Ultimately, however, you are bound by your original copyright agreement with your publisher, unless you have negotiated additional rights with the publisher.
- You may need to provide an alternate version (original submission prior to peer-review or after peer-review, but prior to copyediting and final layout), as the final version of your article, as it appears in the journal, may not be permitted for archiving. Also, you will need to follow additional restrictions or stipulations indicated by your publisher (e.g. the addition of a cover page).
- Submit your article
- Begin a new submission.
- Enter the appropriate information for your publication (title, authors, etc.).
- Upload the appropriate version of your file. (Note: be sure the file is named appropriately before uploading, as this is not easy to change once it has been uploaded.)
- Review your submission and correct any errors.
- Agree to the WinnSpace Licence and complete the submission.
- Congratulations! You have now completed your WinnSpace submission! An authorized reviewer will review your submission and add it to the WinnSpace database, and you will receive an automated email containing the URL of your submission.